Lonely Planet: The world´s leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads withLonely Planet Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips your passport to uniquely encountering this region by car. Featuring four amazing road trips, plus up-to-date advice on the destinations you´ll visit along the way, sample Norman cheeses and get close to WWI and WWII history, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to France, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Normandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Detours, Walking Tours and Link Your Trip
- Covers Rouen, Bayeux, Lille, Amiens, Flanders, Somme, Normandy, D-Day Beaches and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely PlanetNormandy & D-Day Beaches Road Trips is perfect for exploring Northern France via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Lonely Planet France´s Best Trips covers road trip itineraries for the whole country, Lonely PlanetFrance, our most comprehensive guide to France, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover France a photo-rich guide to the country´s most popular attractions.
- Also looking for a guide focused on Paris? Check out Lonely Planet Parisfor a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Pocket Paris a handy-sized guide focused on the can´t-miss sights for a quick trip.
There´s More in Store for You:
- See more of Europe´s picturesque country sides and have a richer, more authentic experience by exploring Europe by car with Lonely Planet´sRoad Trips guides to ChÃ¢teaux of the Loire Valley and Provence & Southeast France or Lonely Planet´s Best Trips guides to France,Italy and Ireland
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER ´3 of France´s Best Road Trips,´ with excerpts from each Road Trips guide to help you pick which French region to explore first.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world´s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.