Fiddle Time Sprinters + CD
A third book of pieces for violin
Buch (Geheftet, Englisch)
Buch (Geheftet, Englisch)
inkl. gesetzl. MwSt.zzgl. VersandkostenVersandfertig innerhalb 48 Stunden
- Kostenlose Lieferung ab 30 € Einkaufswert
- Versandkostenfrei für Bonuscard-Kunden
- pieces using the finger pattern 01-2-34, plus low 2nd fingers and high 3rd fingers
- 2nd and 3rd position pieces
- a range of bowing techniques, including spiccato, hooked bowing, and string crossing
- original pieces and duets in a range of styles, plus well-known pieces
- pieces using modes, the chromatic and blues scales, and dominant 7ths, linking with Fiddle Time Scales 2
- a CD of performances and backings, with drumkit and bass added for the jazz and rock numbers
- piano and violin accompaniments available separately
Fiddle Time is a great series for young violinists. Packed with lively original tunes, well-known pieces, and easy duets, the series is carefully paced and organized to build confidence every step of the way.
The new editions contain all your favourite pieces from the previous books, back by popular demand.
Kathy Blackwell, B. Mus. (Hons.), LTCL, LGSM, studied music at Edinburgh University and continued with post-graduate studies in music at the University of Oxford. Kathy is a string teacher with many years experience of teaching violin and viola. She developed her teaching ideas at the coalface in both Music Services and in private practice, working with groups large and small and in one-to-one lessons. She was a strings consultant for the ABRSM Music Medals
initiative, a new assessment specifically designed for students taught in groups, and a contributor to the accompanying book All together! Teaching Music in Groups (ABRSM, 2004). Her teaching experience has led her to co-author Fiddle, Viola, and Cello Time, published by Oxford University Press, with her
husband, David. Kathy and David have presented workshops in the UK, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
David Blackwell studied music at Edinburgh University, after which he pursued a career in music publishing, first at ABRSM and then at Oxford University Press. He is co-editor of OUP's In the Mood: 17 Jazz Classics for Choirs and Carols for Choirs 5, and has published a number of single choral arrangements. He is co-writer with his wife Kathy of OUP's award-winning string series, Fiddle, Viola, Cello Time, and String Time, which have twice
won the MIA award for Best Educational Publication. He now works as a freelance music editor, composer and arranger.
In 2017 Kathy and David Blackwell received two awards: from ESTA UK in recognition of their exceptional services to string teaching, and from the Oxfordshire Music Education Partnership for significant contribution to music education in Oxfordshire and beyond.