CS Checklists: Portable Review for the USMLE Step 2 Cs, Second Edition
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
The essential pocket-sized study tool for the USMLE Step 2-now with 55 frequently tested cases!
You hold in your hands the most compact, efficient guide to the USMLE Step CS (Clinical Skills Exam) available anywhere. With its ultra-handy checklist format that highlights content likely to appear on the exam, CS Checklists is ideal as a self-testing resource, partner quizzing tool, or skill-building diagnostic primer.
Part I of the book delivers a helpful overview of how to take the test, while Part II outlines 55 commonly tested cases related to the CSE core clerkship topics. Designed to simulate what happens when examining a real patient, as well as the actual structure of the CS exam, each case begins with a short clinical scenario, and then goes on to include a patient history checklist, physical examination checklist, differential diagnosis, and follow-up recommendations/diagnostic workup plans.
- 55 commonly tested cases-10 new to this edition!-remind you what to look for, the right questions to ask, and how to follow up with patients
- Cases derived from major medical specialties encompass a wide range of diseases and disorders
- Advice on the most effective test-taking techniques
- New section for each scenario that details what to discuss with the patient
- Useful section on acceptable abbreviations
Jennifer Rooney, MD is Clinical Tutor at St. George's University in Grenada, West Indies.