- Aileen Lee, VC (Cowboy Ventures), USA
- Anjali Sud, CEO (Vimeo), USA
- Belinda Wong, CEO (Starbucks China), China
- Jennifer Doudna, CEO and Scientist, USA
- Julie Chen, Founder and CEO, UK and China
- Kathy Hannun, Co-founder and President (Dandelion Energy), USA
- Katrina Lake, CEO (Stitch Fix), USA
- Madam C.J. Walker, Founder (first Black woman millionaire in America), USA
- Magi Richani, CEO and Founder (Nobell Foods), USA
- Mar Hershenson, VC (Pear VC), Spain and USA
- Margarete Steiff, Seamstress and Founder (Steiff), Germany
- Maria Teresa Kumar, Founder and President (Voto Latino), Colombia and USA
- Melanie Perkins, CEO and Co-founder (Canva), Australia
- Mikaila Ulmer, Founder and CEO (Me & the Bees Lemonade), USA
- Nina Vaca, Chairman & CEO (Pinnacle Group), Ecuador & USA
- Noura Sakkijha, CEO and Co-founder (Mejuri), Jordan and Canada
- Paige Brown, CEO and Founder (WindBorne Systems), USA
- Purva Gupta, CEO and Co-Founder (Lily AI), India and USA
- Rihanna, Founder and CEO (Fenty Beauty), Barbados and USA
- Sarah Friar, CEO (Nextdoor), Ireland and USA
- Solveiga Pakštaitė, Inventor, Founder and Director (Mimica), Lithuania, Norway, and UK
- Stacy Brown-Philpot, CEO and VC (TaskRabbit), USA
- Ursula Burns, CEO (VEON), USA
Rebel Girls Awesome Entrepreneurs: 25 Tales of Women Building Businesses
25 Tales of Women Building Businesses
Buch (Taschenbuch, Englisch)
€9,99inkl. gesetzl. MwSt.
- Kostenlose Lieferung ab 50 € Einkaufswert
- Versandkostenfrei für Bonuscard-Kund*innen
8 - 12 Jahr(e)
VerlagIngram Publishers Services
JUST IN TIME FOR LEMONADE-STAND SEASON: Summertime is the ideal time for enterprising kids to dream up exciting new businesses and give them a shot. Rebel Girls Mean Business is packed with tips and inspiration for young entrepreneurs everywhere.
NOMINATED BY THEIR PEERS: Each of the women featured in the book was suggested or nominated by another female founder, CEO, or investor?just another example of women supporting women, a theme found throughout the book.
CELEBRATES ALL KINDS OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP: This slim volume includes the stories of:
- Aileen Lee, the angel investor who coined the term ?unicorn? to describe a private company valued at more than $1 billion
- Mar Hershenson, a Spanish electrical engineer turned businesswoman, who has founded three startups, earned 14 patents, and is now a successful venture capitalist in California
- Ann Miura-ko, co-founder of the Floodgate Fund, who was named ?the most powerful woman in start-ups? by Forbes, known for early investments in Lyft, Twitter, Refinery 29, and more.
- Jennifer Doudna, Nobel Prize-winning chemist, known for creating a gene-editing tool and founding several biotech companies
- and many more!
WOMEN IN THE NEWS!: The women in this book are in the marketplace and making deals today.
STUNNING ARTWORK: Like its companion volumes, this edition features stunning artwork by female and nonbinary artists from around the world, whose breathtaking illustrations bring these fairy tales to life.
HIGH PROFILE FOREWORD WRITER: Rebel Girls is securing a high-profile foreword writer. Name to be announced soon!
EASY READS: The language in the books makes them readable for kids 6-9.
BONUS CONTENT: Activities are included in the back matter that allow young readers to explore their own business idea.
BONUS AUDIO STORIES: Readers can unlock bonus audio stories of some of the extraordinary women and girls featured in the book on the Rebel Girls app. Whenever they come across a bookmark icon on the page and scan the QR code, they'll be whisked away on an audio adventure. The newly launched Rebel Girls app is filled with 100+ creative activities and empowering stories of trailblazing women. It is designed to entertain, inspire, and build confidence in listeners everywhere and is available to download on the App Store.
AFFORDABILITY: The edition's paperback format and $8.99 price point make it budget-friendly.
ENGAGED COMMUNITY: Thanks to a supportive and active global community, the first Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls volume broke crowdfunding records in 2016. Volume 2 followed in 2017, and broke the record set by Volume 1, making the series the highest-funded publishing project in crowdfunding history. We have 630,000 followers on social media. The Rebel Girls community spans more than 100 countries, with more than 7 million books sold in 49 languages.
SUPPORTED BY THE REBEL GIRLS WEEKLY PODCAST: The launch of this book will be supported by the ?always-on? format of the Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls podcast, with weekly episodes releasing throughout the year. Recent episodes have featured Ilana Glazer narrating an episode on Kamala Harris, Anita Hill narrating the episode on Rosa Parks, Lea DeLaria narrating the episode on Frieda Belinfante, and Jameela Jamil narrating the episode on Greta Thunberg. The Rebel Girls podcast has proven to be a phenomenal success with 14 million downloads and multiple awards including a Webby for Best Kids and Family Podcast, the People's Choice Award for Education, and a Gold in Education at the New York Radio Festival. We will plug Rebel Girls Mean Business during the podcast.
Verfassen Sie die erste Bewertung zu diesem Artikel
Helfen Sie anderen Kund*innen durch Ihre MeinungErste Bewertung verfassen
Kurze Frage zu unserer Seite
Vielen Dank für Ihr Feedback
Wir nutzen Ihr Feedback, um unsere Produktseiten zu verbessern. Bitte haben Sie Verständnis, dass wir Ihnen keine Rückmeldung geben können. Falls Sie Kontakt mit uns aufnehmen möchten, können Sie sich aber gerne an unseren Kundenservice wenden.zum Kundenservice